Older Adult Capacity Assessment Course
Increase Your Expertise in Conducting Capacity Assessments for Older Adults
Live Webcast Course - Earn 10 CEs
APPLICATION DEADLINE – SORRY, Fall 2021 Course is Filled
Send a cover letter and your CV to Peter Lichtenberg, Ph.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dr. Lichtenberg at 313-664-2633 for more information. Pleaase do not pay for this course unless you have had prior approvel from Dr. Lichtenberg.
The Wayne State University Department of Psychology and Institute of Gerontology invite applications for a continuing education course on Older Adult Capacity Assessment offered by Drs. Peter Lichtenberg and Benjamin Mast.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES (10 CEs)
Topics for the Capacity Assessment Continuing Education Offering include:
- Ethical issues in Capacity Assessment and Preparing to be an Expert
- Core Competencies needed for Capacity Assessment work
- Whole Person Assessment
- Financial Capacity Assessment
- Understanding Financial Exploitation and its relationship to Capacity Assessment work
- Assessment of Undue Influence
- Guardianship and Conservatorship
- Working with attorneys, deposition and court testimony
- Testamentary and Contractual Capacity
- Dispositional Capacity and Enhancing your practice and course wrap up
All segments broadcast through Go To Meeting
• Each session will be 55 minutes long
• The instructors will also be available for each participant to have an individual consultation for up to one hour during the 10 week course.
Fees: The continuing education offering costs are to be paid to the Institute of Gerontology after the applicant, is selected to participate in the CE offering.
APPLY - Application: Send cover letter and CV by March 10th to Peter Lichtenberg, Ph.D. at email@example.com or call Dr. Lichtenberg at 313-664-2633 for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: SPACE IS LIMITED
Once your participation has been approved register HERE
Wayne State University's Department of Psychology is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. WSU's Department of Psychology maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Please direct questions about continuing education to Dr. Mark Lumley (firstname.lastname@example.org).